Halloween this year was a blast! Ammon works with the priests in his ward and they were in charge of putting together a spook alley for their "Trunk-r-Treat" party the week before Halloween. It had an old western town theme. Ammon and I were in the last tent, the medics tent... He was a rail-worker who had had his leg severed in an accident. I was his crazy doctor.
As people came through I would hack at his leg with an axe and he was making all sorts of pain-filled sounds! His bishop, who was next to us in the tent, said it sounded like Ammon was having labor pains! Who knew he had hidden drama skills! It was pretty funny. The next day in church several kids were concerned about his leg and wanted to be sure he was ok!
We spent Halloween deer hunting in the Kiabab forest on the North Rim of the Grand Canyon. This was a first for me, but tons of fun! We hiked and hiked then drove and drove through beautiful country looking for an elusive buck. We saw more the 80 deer - all does and fawns, until sunset the last night, when we saw one little buck. Then another, after dark, on the way to St. George to see Ammon's brother Darren and his family. Ammon's sister, Liz, picked up a pumpkin for us that Ammon carved and we put outside the cabin the night before Halloween.
We stayed with Darren and Suhui and their kids. It was great to meet more fabulous Talbots. I had heard about Suhui's amazing cooking skills and we sure ate well! Ribs, coconut souffle with homemade pineapple jam, fried rice... It was great. I especially enjoyed the little science experiments with the kids. Dallin did some research and learned how to light a dollar on fire without it burning. Of course we had to try it!
Sunday, November 8, 2009
Happy Halloween
Posted by Anonymous at 7:00 AM
Labels: Halloween 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
You guys are so very cute together! I'm happy for you. :o)
Hey girl! You look so happy! I look forward to reading all about how you are doing.
See you around the blog!
Liz
Post a Comment